Coconut Shrimp

Coconut shrimp. I am keen on this simple and chic starter.  The coconut and panko square measure a crisp coating to the tender and sweet shrimp. The instruction comes along in little time and is sort of a stunner on the table. You'll conjointly simply double the instruction, serve with rice and veggies, and revel in a tasteful meal.

Coconut Shrimp

I will continually have a sweet spot in my heart for coconut shrimp. It absolutely was one in every of my father’s favorite foods. Which will not mean abundant to you however my father was one in every of those those that thought-about food as not way more than fuel. He wasn’t the foremost satisfying person to cook for as a result of after you asked him what he thought of a meal you had ready for him his commonest response was ‘it was okay.’

Nevertheless, he did love coconut shrimp. I will be able to admit that I typically cringed once he ordered the fried version of coconut shrimp out at a edifice. Therefore, I started testing recipes wherever I baked the coconut shrimp instead of deep-fried it in oil.

Coconut Shrimp

I created him this version varied times and infrequently received the elusive compliment that he thought it absolutely was delicious. You'll be able to try these shrimp with commercially ready mango condiment (I like Costco’s) for a fast dipping sauce. On the opposite hand, you'll be able to simply mix up the spicy mango dipping sauce instruction listed below and have enough left over to dip every kind of crazy delicious foods into it.

Pairing the coconut shrimp with this spicy mango sauce is new on behalf of me although. My father most likely wouldn't be crazy concerning it however I like it. You get a bit little bit of sweet from the mango and coconut milk and a few heat from the Sriracha and jalapeno pepper flavoring. I believe it's an ideal complement to the shrimp and it couldn't be easier to drag along.

Coconut Shrimp

INGREDIENTS :
  • 1 cup Panko
  • 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • teaspoon ½chipotle chili powder
  • 1/2 leave lb. large shrimp peeled, deveined, buttails intact
  • 1 large egg slightly beaten
  • salt
  • pepper

INSTRUCTIONS :
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
  2. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
  3. Mix the panko, coconut flakes, salt, pepper, and chipotle chili powder in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
  4. Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Dip each shrimp into the beaten egg and then the panko mixture.
  5. Dip the shrimp back into the egg and the panko mixture for a second time and place on baking sheet.
  6. Repeat this process with all the shrimp.
  7. Spray shrimp with cooking spray before putting them in the oven.
  8. Bake for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
  9. Serve immediately with spicy mango sauce.



Post a Comment

0 Comments